Monday, March 31, 2008

Dream #5- Move to France

My best friend and I in Paris.....
A little courtyard garden in the Marais neighboorhood....... The Parisian version of a farmers market near our apartment.........

Do I really need to tell you what this is? LOL Our favorite waiter at the cafe near our apartment.......
More of Paris......
Fresh shrimp- eyes and all- at the open air market.......


Bon Jour Mon Ami!




This dream #5 is always in my head. I know it sounds crazy, but isn't this blog about my dreams people?




"I want to move to France some day." There, I said it!




I feel so at home when I am there. In fact, when I look at my pictures from our latest trip I actually feel homesick. Once again.... I know, it sounds crazy, but it is true. Now don't laugh at me but I was watching The Hills--yes, I will admit I watch it in moments of utter boredom and during times I wish I was in my early 20's again. Anyhoo....the girls were in Paris and I actually got teary about it. It could be due to PMS, but I can't promise that is the reason, LOL.




My Fathers family is from San Malo, France. It is a fishing town in the north. My great-grandmother and my grandmother used to speak to me in French until I was about 4-5 years old and my great-grandmother passed away. I wish I could have learned more, seen more, through her eyes. Oh why did everyone stop speaking French when she passed away? I could have been so much closer to being fluent! Darn!!!




I may not be great with the language yet but I am willing to learn. I have been told by a few French citizens that my accent is spot on. (That's quite thrilling for me really!) I may not have all the plans laid yet, but I will. It may not happen until my girls are away in college, or married for that matter, but I am going to have them take French lessons this summer just in case it happens sooner. Heck, why not prepare for a dream instead of hoping it will land in your lap?




Well, I must go pick up the girls from school as they have dental appointments today. If you have a dream that seems impossible, why not plan for it's impending possibility today? You just never know what may happen? Bonne chance!




Salut.

5 comments:

Lori McDonough said...

I LOVE your pictures of France! The waiter is so perfect! Like a cartoon character! How long were you there? I'm a total francophile, too. i painted a whimsical eiffel tower on my kitchen wall and i painted the phrase "Les familles sont comme le chocolat; doux avec quelques noix" on the soffit over my sink. It translates to: "Families are like chocolate; sweet with a few nuts." :-) I went to France in high school, but was really too young to appreciate the beauty around me. I dream of going back, too. Au revoir!

Rossie said...

What a great dream to have...I hope you get to live it out!! Phil and I have been talking about going for our 15 anniversary...originally it was going to be our 10th but seeing how that is only a couple months away, it's probably not going to happen ;) I didn't know you had a blog...how fun!
Love ya, Rossie

Anonymous said...

Did you see a few French Bulldogs over there? Ha, we probably have more over here, eh? Our country is totally responsible for that lovely bat ear but anyway, I am soooooo jealous but happy for you! My husband has been there too (work). Thanks for the photos, they're gorgeous!

HareAndDrum said...

I was in Paris once, years ago. It was a magical week.
I'm a stranger in a strange place here. I'd love to move back to Europe.

lizzy said...

congratulations on writing your dream...it will probably come true now! My husband's family used to have a house very near St. Malo and we went there a few years ago! It's beautiful! I have tried convincing him to move to Paris but so far no luck (he's English)--but I would be happy just visiting regularly, it's an amazing city!