Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
This is the card that will accompany the gifts. The inside says joy times three. Cute, no?And a frame to put a picture of her cutest triple boys ever. Man, will she ever be busy soon. I can not imagine?
Monday, September 22, 2008
Here is my contribution for www.mixedmediamonday.wordpress.com for this week. The theme was "something you like to do." So the first thing I thought of was how much I love to travel to Paris and this is what came out of it- A Paris garland. I have decided to keep it for myself and I hung it over my desk in front of the window. The pictures are not very good, but you get the idea.
I hand dyed the tags, added some great pink and brown patterned papers, got some glitter letters out, and some feathers too. Just too chic I must say. LOL
Saturday, September 20, 2008
If I win the lottery I will keep enough of it for my daughters and my niece to attend the college of their choice, for each of them to have some savings for a down payment for a house. I will pay our house off and add two more bedrooms and a bath upstairs. I will buy a used car that is in better shape than the one we own now. I will be sure all our debt is paid off and that we have money for retirement. I will buy a place in Italy as our vacation home. I will put enough in savings so that we can travel to Italy twice a year. I will be sure that we have great health insurance for our family and my niece. I may indulge in getting one more French Bulldog. I would also attend Jenny Craig and lose that weight I need to lose.
I really do not feel that we need much to be happy. In fact, we are pretty content right now with not much money at all. We live in a small 1000 sq. ft. cottage with two bedrooms. We drive old used cars, send our kids to public school, shop at TJ Maxx, yard sales and thrift stores. We do not own a LCD/HDTV with all the channels that are available through cable. We do not have a super duper stereo system or even a garage door opener let alone a garage. My kids do not own any of the fancy hand held computer games or have their own rooms. They do not wear designer clothes or have designer birthday parties with everyone in the class attending. We travel in the RV if we want to go on "vacation". Which, by the way, is now too expensive with the rising gas prices so we only use it once a year now. And I can truthfully admit that not only are we happy, but we are content.
What I am trying to say is that money does not buy you happiness. I drive around and see all these huge houses with two or four people living in them and I wonder why these couples think they need such a large house? I could see if they had 6-8 children but they don't. They are also driving huge cars that can fit 8 people but usually mom is in the car all by herself on the cell phone with who knows and not paying attention to the kids if they are in the car. Is all this just to impress other people? I am not impressed. I am perplexed.
I would love to win the lottery to help others. To help feed all those hungry children that live here in the good old USA. Don't people feel guilty living in those huge houses knowing that there are children starving every night when they go to bed? Don't they feel guilty buying that huge SUV knowing that it is killing our earth? Don't they feel guilty that they are too selfish to think of anyone but themselves and how much more they "need" before they feel good?
This is just something I do not understand. It truly perplexes me on a weekly basis that people believe that if they just had a bigger house, a more expensive car, bigger breasts, less wrinkles, bigger diamonds, more clothes/shoes and give less to others that they will be happier. I just do not understand it. Why are these people so selfish? I know that I would feel guilty if I had a lot of money and did not give it to people that truly need it.
This is me free writing about something that has been on my mind, bothering me today since I drove by some big houses on the way home from spending time with my mom. I hope that this has not offended anyone. I hope it makes you think about how you spend your money and your time and why you choose to spend it that way. No edits made......and it is scary to send it out there..........but here it goooooes......
Friday, September 19, 2008
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
* If you teach teach children about sexual predators, you are irresponsible and eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America 's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that hates America and advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Then we celebrated Claire's 8th birthday. I can't believe it myself. She is such a wonderful girl.
And my latest malady has been a terrible, no good, sucky cold that has been lingering for 10 days now. I am almost ready to go to the doctor, but not quite. So I have been laying around reading library books in bed. Here is my set up right now. Lots of design books, garden ideas, and digital photo how-to books.
My Mom and Paul both are concerned that I get sick quite a bit so I have added some new fun stuff to swallow twice daily for two weeks in order to cleanse the toxins out of my body. I believe I swallowed atleast 10 pills last night before bed! Whaaattt??? I know it sounds crazy, but it is worth a try. I have also added two tablespoons of probiotics to my diet after breakfast and dinner. My only worry is that I may now get some acid reflux from all of it, LOL. Sheesh............Oh wait, did I mention that I also take an anti-depressant and a multivitamin daily? I swear I am a walking pharmacy. What do you need? I can send you some................
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I don't know how to get these more orderly? Drives me nuts every time I try to post pictures. UGH!!!