Thursday, April 21, 2011

Questioning Everything



So obviously I have been absent from my blog for quite some time - for reasons obvious or not. This little place of conversation has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I have been questioning whether I want to return here or delete? And if I do return how do I want to use it? Do I continue in the same direction I was initially headed? Or due to all the changes in my life and starting over in many ways, do I take a new direction here also? There is a large part of myself that wants to share on a deeper level than before. But the thought of truly sharing my deepest thoughts and personal life is also terrifying.

Reading other women's blogs recently I have come across a theme of women sharing only the happiness in their lives. Sort of telling only the fairytale part of their week. Which is nice, and maybe that is all other women want to read- to have a break from their every day reality of work, family, chores, mundane. To maybe have a lifestyle of another inspire them to be a better, happier person. I  for one am getting bored with those blogs. The measured words of what their perfect life entails. Maybe that sounds harsh....maybe I am just in a judgmental place at the moment, maybe I am envious of their "reality" or maybe I just don't believe that life really is that wonderful all the time? I don't know the answer to those questions. I suppose that is why I am here....writing what is on my mind, and taking this moment to write about making this choice.

No comments: