Sunday, October 5, 2008

Where I Have Been

I was able to get away from the family for 3 days and head up to Portland to visit my very best friend. I have not seen her since I said goodbye to her at the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, France last year at this time. Needless to say it was a loooonnnggg over due visit.

I consider her more my sister as we have known eachother since we were 11 years old. Which is 28 years to be exact. She is that person in my life that loves me with not strings attached and no judgements. We always have a fabulous time together no matter where we are or what we do. We were the two girls in high school that everyone got confused- calling me by her name and her by mine. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum so to say.



We took all day on Saturday and went to this awesome little town http://www.auroraoregon.com/ just south of Portland and we shopped our little antique lover hearts out. I found some great buttons and lace.


I also found a great stool to use at my work desk here- http://www.auroramills.com/ You want to talk about fun? I found a great old stool that was already painted tangerine and was all vintage goodness just waiting for me to come and buy it. When I got it home I decoupaged it up with some cool vintage italian poster paper and viola.....I can now officially sit when artsing. Love it! I will share a pic of the stool soon. We also spent waaay too much time here http://www.craftwarehouse.com/

Being from a smaller town I was in heaven with the selection of papers, ribbons, ephemera etc. We actually went there two days in a row. Hence, the decoupaged stool. I also have been decoupaging my little heart out on my switch plates. I must take some pics of those too! I am in the crafting groove and coming back full steam. I am much more of a cold weather crafter so I am sure to be blogging and getting more on my etsy site, http://www.tangerinechic.etsy.com/ in the coming months. The weather is turning us indoors and my little studio is full of sunshine and ideas.

1 comment:

Ce said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you tomorrow.
Enjoy your day Christina you deserve it. Have a wonderful Birthday.

Your Friend,
Connie