Sunday, April 20, 2008

For the Birds

I made this collage with a challenge prompt from the mixed media and paper art group at Etsy Cottage Style where I am a member-

http://etsycottagestyle.ning.com/group/alteredartcottagestyle

I am also a member of their street team. If you love cottage style as I do, you can go to

http://etsy.com/

and browse by searching for CSST (cottage style street team). You will find all sorts of handmade cottagey items for your home or to give as gifts or use in your art work.



This little spring bird is happy as a lark sitting on her perch above my studio table at the moment. Not sure if I am willing to give her up or give up my bird collage. Will have to think on that for a few days.


4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Pretty collage!

I like these random challenges. They tend to get me out of my niche, forcing me to design something new.

I'm currently working on a smile challenge started by Skully of Autonomous Artisans blog. It's listed on my blog roll if you're interested.

lizzy said...

i love that little bird! she is so cute. do you have her hanging somewhere?

Lori McDonough said...

Oh, the birdie is so sweet. How is the IF challenge coming? I finished mine tonight and will post it in the a.m.

I've only joined one etsy team, i need to take some time and browse through the groups.

Tweet Tweet

Sherry said...

Glad you posted your challenge on your blog Christina..and the little birdie in the swing is so cute!!!