Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In the beginning.....

There was a girl that needed a career change. After doing mammograms as her job for the last 20, yes count them, TWENTY years, she was burnt out. Now everyone needs a mammogram once a year after they are forty, and my job is important, I know that, but it is time to do what I love. And to tell you the truth I am not in love with breasts anymore. LOL

So begins my new journey into the realm of building a business and counting on myself to make it happen. I have been talking and making notes about it for a long time and I just know now is the time to really give it the real college try. Part of the reason is I truly dislike my two day a week job and the other reason is that I need to learn to trust myself, count on myself, work through the fear of failure, and learn to be proud of my accomplishments and my creativity. It is time for a challenge and a time to grow, so here goes...............

First, I have an etsy site that I will post my handmade items for sale and possibly some found treasures. (see the link to the left) There are not any items on there as of today, but don't fret....I will have my first items up this weekend. I love making custom handmade items so I will make that an option too. If you click on the link to my photos on flickr and see something you like under things for sale- I can make it. Second, I also plan on putting my shingle out and trying to get some photo opportunities of families, kids, and animals. My family has been after me for awhile to try the photography so I will. Now, they say I am good at it, but does that mean that I am? We shall see. I don't have a fancy digital SLR or anything, but I do have a good eye... I think.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions you have about anything that I post. I love getting feed back about my creations. Thanks for being part of my journey.

No comments: