Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Love As I Know It



     I woke up this morning thinking of Mr. MM.....as usual.

     As I was lying there with my thoughts it occurred to me that one of the differences between soul mate love and the love I have had in the past is that love with Mr. MM brings out the best in both of us. We cheer each other on during difficult times instead of blaming each other for the difficulties. Even when times are tough and there are lots of scary changes in our future we still tell each other we are grateful for our relationship. We do not go a day with out saying I love you. Even when we may be irritated with each other.  We are grateful to have each other as it would be much more difficult if we were not together and going through the same experience.

     We tend to take turns having bad days. If he is stressed I am cheering him on and looking at the bright side. If I am stressed he is telling me everything is going to be better than okay once we get through to the other side of it.  The foundation of our relationship is that we are best friends first. We want the best for each other. We want to see the other person happy and are willing to do what it takes to get there.

     Don't get me wrong....we have had some extremely difficult times in the last 2 years. And I mean the kind of times that put your relationship to the test. But we passed the tests with flying colors. We learned that no matter the circumstance, we will love each other through it. The difficult times have made our trust in each other deeper and our relationship and love for each other even stronger. We both know that the other will not run away or get angry at the first sign of trouble.

Me & Mr. MM= Soul mates
   This soul mate love is new to both of us. We are both in awe of it all the time. We talk about how blessed we are to have it. Neither one of us believed that this type of love existed outside of fairy tales and romantic movies.But here we are....together....living it out....best friends...taking on the world. 

   

No comments: